“In times like these, we need a Savior. In times like these, we need a friend. Be very sure; be very sure your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock. This Rock is Jesus…” (In Times Like These by Ruth Caye Jones). Mt. Zionites, Jesus is the only One who can keep us in these dire times. Please know your church family loves you and is praying for you.
- All church activities and services are canceled until April 1, 2020 or until further notice.
- Funerals will be held as scheduled until notified otherwise.
- We have and will continue to thoroughly sanitize our entire physical campus.
- We encourage you to pray for good health for yourself, your family, the church family, community, leaders, etc.
- Please check for Mt. Zion emails, calls, texts and Mt. Zion social media sites for updates.
Mt. Zion Progressive Missionary Baptist Church: (727) 894-4311
Homegoing Ministry: (727) 873-8385
Emergency After Hours: (727) 873-9177
- Though there are no on-campus services, please continue to honor God with your resources by using one of these convenient options:
- Deposit drop box located on the EAST side of the Church.
- Members can feel free to mail their contributions to:
Mt. Zion Progressive Missionary Baptist Church
Attention: Finance Department
955 20th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
- Members may wish to set up giving through their Bank’s Bill Pay tab.
- If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, please pray this prayer then call the church to let us know of your decision:
Dear Lord, I believe Jesus is the Messiah who died for my sins and rose on the third day to give me eternal life. I believe He will forgive me of my sins if I repent. I repent of my sins and ask you to come into my heart. Thank you, for saving me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Mt. Zion School and Day Care:
- Zion Christian Academy is closed from March 16 – 27, 2020. Please contact Principal Franca Sheehy at email@example.com.
- Zion Children’s Center is closed from March 17 – 27, 2020. Please contact Director Debra Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use sanitizer—all more often than you think you need to wash them.
- Please keep your hands away from your face.
- Please stay 6 feet away from others.
- Please limit social interactions.
- If you must self-quarantine, please have these pharmacy items on hand according to today.com:
According to Dr. Torres, if you must self-quarantine, it’s imperative to make sure you have enough of any prescribed medications to last for a two-week period. In addition to the medicine you need to take, pick up the following items (if you’re running low) while you’re in the pharmacy section of your grocery store:
- Ibuprofen or Tylenol
- Children’s fever reducer (if there are kids under 12 in the family)
- Cough medicine
- Saline solution
- Allergy medicine, like Benadryl and Claritin
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Dish soap and other cleaning essentials, like sanitizing wipes
Keep this list handy in the event of a worst-case-scenario situation but, until then, keep in mind that the best defense against any virus is to practice thorough hand-washing — which is a great habit to keep up all year long.
- If you have a fever, stay home and away from others. Also call the church to let us know at (727) 894-4311. We want to walk with you.
- Here is a list of social services available to meet our immediate needs.
- If you are ill, please seek medical attention. Online medical care is available also from the privacy and safety of your home on sites such as https://livehealthonline.com or https://missionhealth.org/virtual-clinic/.
- If you are anxious, please pray then seek updates from credible news sources such as https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019, or local news channels rather than social media. Do your best knowing God is in control.
- If you have or know of Pinellas County Schools students in need of meals during March 23-27, please note the distribution location and times below:
- Distribution Points and Times:
- Dunedin Elementary
900 Union Street, Dunedin 10:45-11:45
- Eisenhower Elementary
2800 Drew St. Clearwater 11:00-Noon
- Marjorie K. Rawlings Elementary
6505 68th N Pinellas Park 11:00-Noon
- John Hopkins Middle School
701 16thSt S St. Petersburg 10:30-11:30
- New Heights Elementary
3901 37th N St. Petersburg 10:45-11:45
- Ponce De Leon Elementary
1301 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Clearwater 11:15-12:15
- Southern Oak Elementary
9101 Walsingham Rd. Largo 11:15-12:15
- Tarpon Springs Elementary
555 Pine St. Tarpon Springs 10:30-11:30
You may visit https://www.pcsb.org/coronavirus for more distribution information.
Ways to help:
- If you want to help, please check on the senior members of our church and local community. Seniors have been encouraged to stay inside to protect themselves, but will still need groceries, medicine, companionship, etc. If God speaks to your heart to help in this area, please follow through with the seniors you know. You may call the church as well at (727)894-4311 with your name and number. We will compile a list of needs and let you know how you can help.
- If you know of a senior in need and you cannot assist the senior, please call the church with the information at (727)894-4311.
Pastor Louis Murphy