Vision: To bring about effective change within a two mile radius of the church.
Mission: Impact the world by equipping believers to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Are you looking for a church home where you can grow spiritually and connect with other Christians who want to share your journey and encourage you along the way? At Mt. Zion Progressive we take the call to discipleship seriously and want to grow our members, new and seasoned, in the teachings of Jesus Christ, so they can go into the world and disciple to others.
How to Join: You can join us under Christian Experience, or as a Candidate for Baptism. When the invitation is extended at the end of service on Sunday’s, accept by coming forward and you will be given further instructions. You can also join by going to the New Members room after Sunday services, or after Bible Study on Wednesday nights. The New Members room is located at the back of the sanctuary on the west side.
After you Join:
- Attend Christian Basics Classes
- Sunday’s @ 9:00 AM on the 3rd floor, and/or
- Monday’s @ 7:00 PM on the 2nd Floor
- Classes are not held on the first Sunday of the month.
- Baptism – If you have never been baptized or what to recommit
- Candidates should plan to be baptized at the next scheduled baptism after joining Mt. Zion Progressive.
- Baptism is held the 2nd Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise announced, at 6:30 PM.
- Baptism takes place immediately following Bible Study
- Candidates will receive a reminder via mail and phone.
- Receive the Right-Hand of Fellowship
- The Right-Hand of Fellowship is extended to those who have completed the first 5 sessions of the Christian Basics Classes.
- And, if applicable, been baptized.
- New members will receive a Certificate of Membership and their membership number, during the ceremony.
- The Right-Hand of Fellowship is held once every other month on the 4th Sunday during the 10:00 AM service, with a reception afterwards. Candidates will receive an invitation by mail and phone.
- Now that You’re a Member
- Members move from the guidance of the New Members Ministry to the care of the Family Touch Team Ministry after receiving the Right-Hand of Fellowship.
- New members are encouraged to become involved in ministry and to use their gifts and talents by volunteering when opportunities become available.
- Membership has its advantages, so stay active by attending church and bible study regularly, and sowing into the ministry and vision with your tithes & offerings.
Have Questions? Submit the form below and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.